May 31, 2012

Broken Hallelujah

"A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life." - James Allen.

Sometimes to live, you've got to sin.
Are you a saint or a sinner?
I am just a somewhere in between.
Don't mean I'm not a believer,
but all I've ever learned from existence
was that it never does.
Even angels have their wicked schemes
and you take that to new extremes.
All of the ghouls come out to play.
I can see no way.
So I'm gonna cut it out and then restart.
Cause I was looking for heaven,
but then found the devil in me.
It's not a cry that you hear at night
or somebody who's seen the light.
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah.


*song references:
Angel With A Shotgun by The Cab
Hallelujah by Kate Voegele
I Love The Way You Lie (II) by Rihanna
Shake It Out by Florence + The Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment